Sunday, June 6, 2010

Puggle on the loose!

A busy week for sure!  I participated in the real life chase of a Puggle (that's a dog) on the loose.

My mom let me sit in the front seat on this exciting Thursday morning. She even gave a ride to a man who was running along too. 

Picture a little dog running as fast as he could, chased by an Toronto ambulance and 2 cars (me in one of them). We wove in and out of busy main streets, along the city highway and quiet streets.
My mom said these words "Gerrard Street! Warden! Danforth!".

It was so exhilarating when the ambulance turned on their siren! There were so many cars going so fast! That sure made the traffic come to a stop. Didn't the dog know he wasn't supposed to run on the roads, much less going in the opposite directions.
Many times I closed my eyes because I thought for sure he would be a goner. Especially when a huge blaring Firetruck drove across one of the streets.


 At times, the ambulance would stop in front of the running dog on an angle which forced the dog off the busy street onto the quiet street. The ambulance sure looked like he had done this before. At the final stop I had to sit in the car while everyone else got out of their vehicles.
We all stopped in mid street on an angle, and my mom just left the keys in the car and went running on foot after the little guy,  through a hole in a fence into someone's yard... I didn't know what was going on til I saw her come back out and she was hugging him. He was panting so hard the Ambulance driver gave him some water. He said something about Puggle's feet being all worn down.
My mom nabbed this little nipper with that spare leash in the car. I knew it would come in handy even though I had chewed it a bit! 

After that the Ambulance driver took the little dog, and mom and I travelled north to visit an Australian shepherd dog who needed a new home because her family was moving and they weren't going to take her with them! Don't they understand that we are "family"?
I got to meet Panda. She is a beautiful girl, black tan and white and she was fluffy clean. We even got to play together! She is 8 years old and will be moving into a foster home with ARPH (that's aussie rescue!)
I hope my mom will put a picture of her up here soon!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bark back here!